1. CEUI In-service Courses (http://www.commnet.edu/inservice/) These courses are free to members and are held on state time. However, agencies must approve your attendance and some agencies limit you to classes that are related to your current job (which is permitted by the CBA), but many agencies will not limit you as such.
2. State Technical High Schools -You can take courses there (off state time) and request a voucher from the Union for us to pay for the course. Your only fee is the registration fee that the school charges (usually $50). Here is a link to all the Technical High School Websites: http://www.cttech.org/schools.html
3. Tuition Reimbursement is available for courses taken at any accredited college (not limited to Connecticut schools). Your Training Approval Officer has necessary paperwork you need to apply. Once approved, you register for the course(s) and pay for the course up front. After successfully passing the course, you submit proof of completion and payment to your Training Approval Office. Reimbursement for credit courses is 100% of the cost of tuition, laboratory fees and community college service fees up to a maximum of 75% of the per credit rate for undergraduate and graduate courses at the University of Connecticut at Storrs. Reimbursement for non-credit courses will be 100% of cost of tuition, laboratory fees and community college service fees up to a maximum of 50% of the per credit rate for undergraduate and graduate courses at the University of Connecticut at Storrs.
4. Members may attend workshops, seminars, and conferences that are educational and beneficial to you and your agency. A maximum of one thousand ($1,000) dollars will be allowed for any one attendance and the maximum number that you can attend is two conferences, workshops or seminars per contract year. The funds will be used for fees and/or travel expenses including meals and lodging. You must complete a Travel Authorization form from your agency. You pay for the conference in advance; after the conference you must submit all receipts to your agency for reimbursement.
5. Private Occupational Schools in the state offer courses eligible for tuition reimbursement up to a maximum of 50% of rates at UConn/Storrs. Here is a link to the approved Private Occupational Schools: http://www.ctohe.org/HEWeb/POSAList.asp
If you would like to learn more, contact Tammi Atkins firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION & TRAINING
110 Randolph Road, Middletown CT 06457 US 860-343-8700 email@example.com
CEUI © 2020 | All Rights Reserved I Designed by Xpressposts.com